Go Green With Eco-Friendly Labor law Posters
At Compliance Poster Company, we are committed to improving our environment to create a cleaner tomorrow. We also strive to ensure that our clean printing processes and operations work in tandem with the eco-friendly goals you have established in your workplace. We'd like you to discover just some of the things we are doing to make a difference.
Why We Use Eco-Friendly Soy-Based Inks For Labor Law Posters
• Soy ink is naturally low in VOCs (volatile organic compounds) and emits far fewer pollutants during evaporation than their traditional, solvent-based counterparts.
• Soy inks are less likely to build up on the plate, have less of a tendency to skin over, and have greater stability.
• They permit greater latitude in ink-water balance, allow more flexibility in press settings, and spread farther so that it takes less ink overall to put poster designs on paper.
• Soy oils tend to be clearer than petroleum oils, so the colors can be brighter. Soy ink pickup and transfer is also considered to be quicker, resulting in shorter start-ups and less waste.
• Soy inks tend to work better with recycled paper. Because of the flow of ink, soybean inks don't pick out the fibers of the paper and they adhere better.
• Our operators are also trained to accurately estimate the amount of ink needed for each job. Ink containers are kept level and sealed to prevent drying. We also draw as much ink from containers as possible prior to disposal or recycling. We use standard ink sequences and schedule print runs to accommodate color changes and press cleaning to minimize waste.
Why We Use Recycled Paper For Labor Law Posters
Using recyclable paper, both for our posters and in our operations is important to us. This helps preserve our forests, minimize landfill composition, and actually costs less-savings that we pass on to you. We produce only what is needed and created the innovative Peel 'N Post overlay to allow you to update a single notice on your existing poster without having to replace the entire poster. Did you also know that recycling paper causes 35% less water pollution and 74% less air pollution than making virgin paper?
Energy Efficient Power
Since all printing facilities require power to run, eco-friendly printing facilities consider the environment when drawing on a power source. Because soy ink does not require any process of chemical manufacturing, the energy savings are also substantial. Also, when it comes to printing, reduced machine and air cooling translates into energy savings. Unlike petroleum-based inks, soy inks require no special ventilation, toxic solvents, or fireproof containers.
Environmental Management Plan
At CPC we have developed an Environmental Management Plan for creating an environmentally-friendly, energy efficient workplace in an effort to minimize our company's eco-footprint. Our internal management practices are another way in which we avoid waste and save our customers money. Some of the ways we maintain an environmentally friendly workplace include
• Through our workplace recycling program we focus on office practices that create less trash and soil contamination. We feel this is important because it sets a positive example for our employees.
• We strive to be eco-friendly by selling environmentally safe products and running our business with less waste.
• We re-use office materials that not only help us lower operating costs but improve efficiency.
• We comply with all environmental regulations in our industry.
• CPC Shipping and Production have eliminated excessive product packaging and materials. Important product information is available online for our customers 24/7. We use packaging that contains at least 20% recycled content and are recyclable.
• At CPC good business means good energy management. All of our break room appliances and essential office equipment are energy efficient.
• We have a water efficiency program and provide employees with filtered water instead of generating new water-bottle waste.
• Recycling of all waste materials is strictly adhered to for all business material waste. We try to integrate responsible environmental practices into our daily operations, and we continuously set goals that challenge us to increase efficiencies and reduce waste, and pass the savings on to our business partners.