Effective January 1, 2010
Phone: (800) 817-7678.
Compliance Poster Company
P.O. Box 607
438 West Chestnut Ave.
Monrovia, CA 91016
Information we may collect
At Compliance Poster Company, it is our goal to provide you with a full range of products and services. To achieve this goal, we may collect the following personally identifyible information from you.
• Contact information (such as your name, job title, phone number or email address).
• Unique identifiers (such as authorized user or identification information).
• Demographic information (such as your location or zip code).
• User communications (such as email sent by you to us or orders you place with us).
• Log Information (information sent by your browser to our website and stored by our servers, such as web requests, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser).
• Financial information (such as payment information or credit card number).
• Other information relevant to customer surveys or offers (such as preferences and interests).
What we do with the information we collect
We use this information to better understand your needs and to provide you with the services you request and in particular for the following reasons
• Internal record keeping, order history, and payment account information which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services, to process requests and respond to your inquires.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information you may find relevant or useful using the email address that you provide.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. This information may be used to enhance website features.
A cookie is a small text file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Cookies help us provide you with a better website. We use traffic log cookies to identify and track the number and frequency of visitors to our website and its individual pages to determine which pages you may find useful and which you do not. By analyzing data about webpage traffic, we can improve our website's performance and tailor it to customer needs. A cookie does not allow us to access your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from our system.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of this website.
Controlling use of your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways
• When completing online forms, indicate your preference in the appropriate box or field to indicate whether or not you authorize the use of personally identifying information for direct marketing purposes.
• We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. If you have previously agreed to allow us to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time and notify us by email, phone, or writing to us at the address above.
• You can request a copy of the personally identifiable information Compliance Poster Company has collected about you via the Internet by contacting us via email, phone, or by writing to us at the address above. If you believe that any information about you in our records is incorrect or incomplete, please email, phone or write to us as soon as possible so that we can promptly correct any errors.
• If you would like to modify or change any information that you previously provided, or if you no longer wish to receive specific communications or services, please contact Compliance Poster Company by email, phone, or writing to us at the address above.
At Compliance Poster Company, we are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We take every reasonable precaution in order to prevent unauthorized access, loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration of any personally identifying information or user data under our control. Our security measures include physical, electronic, managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All electronic data is received and stored via advanced firewall technology. Particularly sensitive information, such as your credit card number, collected via the Internet for a commercial transaction is electronically encrypted.
This website allows you to customize your experience with us by creating and storing a unique User Name and password to access certain features of this website. You are ultimately responsible for the security of your authorized User Name and password. You may not share your User Name and password with others to access website features, services, information or content of this website made accessible to you by us without our express authorization. You should log out of your browser at the end of each computer session to ensure that others cannot access your personal information, especially if you share a computer or others are able to access your computer or personal data from a public or remote location.
Links to other websites
This website and its contents are protected by copyright, all rights reserved. Any resale, redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited. Nor may its contents be stored or transmitted on any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
This restriction is not intended to preclude sharing information within an authorized User's organization with employees and members. Authorized Users agree that their User Name login and password approved by Compliance Poster Company, and any content of this website made accessible by their use, shall be for such authorized User's use only and shall not be provided to any other person, firm, corporation or association. It is the authorized User's responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of their User Name login and password. Authorized Users shall be fully liable for any unauthorized use of their User name login and password.
Intellectual property rights
The information contained on this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Compliance Poster Company and while we endeavor to keep the information accurate and up to date, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, currency, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to this website or any information, products, services, or related materials or content, including graphic images contained or depicted on this website, regardless of the source for any purpose. Content contained on or made available through this website is not intended to and does not constitute legal advice. Any reliance you place on use of this website and any content or information contained herein is therefore strictly at your own risk.
Third party content may appear on this website or may be accessible via links from this website. Compliance Poster Company shall not be responsible for and assumes no liability for any statements, omissions, opinions, representations, graphic images or any other form of content contained in any third party content appearing on this website or through links from this website. You understand that the information and opinions in the third party content is neither endorsed by nor does it reflect the belief of Compliance Poster Company. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Compliance Poster Company does not represent or warrant that the website will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected. Compliance Poster Company takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control. Compliance Poster company may make improvements and/or changes to this website's features, functionality or content at any time.
THIS WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENTS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. COMPLIANCE POSTER COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. COMPLIANCE POSTER COMPANY DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF OR ANY WAY RELATED TO (A) ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS FROM THIS WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TECHNICAL INACCURACIES AND TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, (B) ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITES OR CONTENT THEREIN DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ACCESSED THROUGH LINKS IN THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS THEREFROM, (C) THE UNAVAILABILITY OF THIS WEB SITE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, (D) YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR (E) YOUR USE OF ANY EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS WEBSITE.
Disclaimer of consequential damages
IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPLIANCE POSTER COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR ANY FACTS, INFORMATION OR OPINIONS APPEARING HEREIN WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. COMPLIANCE POSTER COMPANY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, AND ATTORNEYS' FEES) IN ANY WAY DUE TO, RESULTING FROM, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITES.