The 2020 Mississippi Unemployment Insurance Peel ‘N Post has been revised to inform employees:
- Unemployment Compensation is available to workers who are unemployed and who meet the requirements of UI eligibility laws
- When to file a UI claim with the Mississippi Department of Employment Security (MDES)
- How to file an UI claim:
- on the web
- by phone
- MDES email address for questions
- Information the worker will need to provide to complete a claim by phone, including the claimant’s:
- Full legal name;
- Social Security Number;
- Driver’s License Number or State Issued Identification number;
- Alien Registration Number or Visa Number if not a U.S. citizen;
- Names and addresses of employers worked for in the last eighteen (18) months; and
- Dates worked and the reason the claimant is no longer working for each employer.
- Finding answers to questions on the MDES website
Who must post?
All Mississippi employers are required to post and maintain in places readily accessible to employees the regulations concerning filing a claim for unemployment compensation prescribed by the Mississippi Employment Security Commission. (MS Code §71-5-515.)
Mississippi employers can comply with the mandatory posting update using the 2020 Mississippi Unemployment Insurance for Employees Peel ‘N Post to update an existing Mississippi All-On-One™ Labor Law Poster or Mississippi Mobile Poster Pak™.