Prince George’s County Minimum Wage Poster Details
The Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation (DLLR) requires employers operating in Prince George’s County, MD to post the current Prince George’s County Minimum Wage Poster.
The Prince George’s County Minimum Wage Ordinance requires the effective minimum wage rate to be paid to most employees working in Prince George’s County. The Prince George’s County Minimum Wage Poster describes workers who are subject to the minimum wage rate and employees who may be paid a different wage rate or who are exempt from the Minimum Wage Ordinance.
- The minimum wage rate does not apply to employees that are exempt from the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and workers age 18 working and under no more than 20 hours per week.
- Tipped employee must be paid minimum wage rate that together with tips equals the current minimum wage rate.
- Amusement and recreational establishment must paid their employees 85% of the minimum wage rate.
- Workers under the age of 20 may be paid a sub-minimum wage rate at least 80% of the minimum wage rate for the first 6 months of employment.
- Any employer operating or doing business in the County must post the Prince George’s County Minimum Wage Poster in the workplace.
This poster is available in English.
- Violation of the provisions of the Ordinance may be investigated and enforced by the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation.