- This poster informs employees who work within the City of San Leandro, California, of the current minimum wage rate.
- The minimum wage rate applies to employees who work at least two hours per week within the City of San Leandro.
- The minimum wage rate is scheduled for a series of fixed annual increases each July 1 through July 1, 2020.
- The City’s Minimum Wage Ordinance protects employees from retaliation for asserting their rights under the Ordinance. Employees whose rights have been violated may file a civil suit or a complaint with the City. The posting describes the City’s enforcement procedures and remedies an employee may have. City contact information is provided.
Posting & Recordkeeping Requirements
- Employers are required to post the City’s Minimum Wage notice in the top five languages spoken by residents of the City. Our poster has been created in a multi-language format consisting of the top languages: English, Spanish, Chinese, Tagalog and Vietnamese. Failure to post the notice may result in an administrative citation. If a violation has occurred, the employer will be required to also post a public notice of the employer’s failure to comply.
- Employers are required to keep payroll records for a period of four years.