The California Agriculture Poster compiles common State and Federal mandatory-to-post and mandatory-to-communicate notices for agricultural employers and farm labor contractors on one attractive and durable poster. The poster includes workplace safety notices from CAL-OSHA and the California Department of Pesticide Regulation, and informational labor law notices from the federal Department of Labor.
State Workplace Safety Notices included on the California Agriculture Poster:
- Safety Rules for Pesticide Handlers on Farms (A No. 8): This posting from the California Department of Pesticide Regulation must be posted before any employee is allowed to handle pesticides in an agricultural setting.
- Pesticide Safety Rules for Farm Workers (A No. 9): This posting from the California Department of Pesticide Regulation must be posted whenever employees are working as fieldworkers in a field that has been treated with pesticide or has had a restricted entry interval or entry restricted period in effect within the past 30 days.
- Access to Medical and Exposure Records: This CAL/OSHA fill-in sheet fulfills employer responsibilities to inform any employee who works with hazardous or toxic materials of the existence, location, and accessibility of mandatory records (Cal. Code Regs. §3204).
- Quick Reference Hazardous Materials: This fill-in sheet can used used to communicate the location of safety data sheets, as required by Cal. Code Regs. §5194(h)(C).
- Safety Awareness/Safety Meetings: This fill-in sheet can be used to communicate information about your establishment’s injury and illness prevention program, such as contact information for your safety director and safety supervisor, and the time and place of workplace safety training meetings.
State Agriculture Informational Notices included on the California Agriculture Poster:
- Farm Labor Contractor – Statement of Pay Rates (Bilingual): This fill-in sheet complies with the requirements of California Labor Code section 1695(a)(7) and 8 CCR § 13666: every farm labor contractor licensed in the state of California must display the rate of compensation the licensee is paying and the name of the licensee.
- Notice to Agricultural Workers with Minor Children (Bilingual): This notice informs agricultural workers that minors cannot work on the posted premises unless legally permitted to do so and a work permit has been secured for the minor. Required for every owner or operator of a farm who employs as an agricultural laborer any parent or guardian with immediate care and custody of a minor child (California Education Code §49140).
Federal Agriculture Informational Notices included on the California Agriculture Poster:
- Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Protection Act (Bilingual): Required for every agricultural employer, agricultural association, and farm labor contractor who employs migrant or seasonal agricultural workers and is subject to the Act (29 U.S. Code § 1821 and §1831).
- Employee Rights Under the Fair Labor Standards Act – Agricultural Employees: This notice describes federal minimum wage and child labor requirements. Required for every employer employing any agricultural worker who is subject to the FLSA (29 CFR 516.4).
- Housing Terms and Conditions – Form WH-521: This fill-in form can be used to communication terms and conditions of employer-provided housing, as required by Section 201 of the Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act.
The California Agriculture Poster should be posted at a central location or in multiple locations at the worksite where workers can easily see it.