The 2023 Flagstaff Minimum Wage Poster informs employees of the following:
- The adjusted minimum wage rate
- The time period in which the rate will be in effect
- Who is covered by the law
- Rules regarding tipped employees
- The employee’s right to file a complaint with the Office of Labor Standards, and to file a civil lawsuit against an employer for violations of the law
- The employee’s right to assert their rights, file a complaint, or tell others of their rights under the law without retaliation from the employer
- How to contact the Flagstaff Office of Labor Standards
The City of Flagstaff approved Proposition 414 establishing a local minimum wage during the 2016 general election. Beginning in July of 2017, every employee who performs or is expected to perform 25+ hours per calendar year within the geographic limits of the city is entitled to the municipal minimum wage, regardless of their immigration status or the location of their employer.
Effective January 1, 2023, the minimum wage rate for the city of Flagstaff is $16.80 per hour.
Every employer of a covered employee is required to post the 2023 Flagstaff Minimum Wage Poster in a conspicuous place at any workplace or job site where such employees work. It must be posted in English and Spanish, and in any language spoken by more than 5% of the employer’s workforce within the city. (Flagstaff City Code, Section 15-01-0004-B)
CPC currently provides this poster in a bilingual format; please contact us if you require additional language formats.
Any employer who violates the posting requirement shall be subject to a civil penalty payable to the City of at least $250 for a first violation, and at least $1,000 for each subsequent or willful violation and may, if the Office of Labor Standards or the City determines appropriate, be subject to special monitoring and inspections. The Office may also order a violating employer or person to pay a civil penalty of not more than $50 for each day and for each employee or person as to whom a violation of the ordinance occurred or continued. (Flagstaff City Code, Section 15-01-0007-C)