The Agricultural Employment Terms Form is an employee fill-in sheet which provides mandatory information to farm workers and agriculture employees regarding terms of employment. CPC has made this form available in packs of 20 sheets.
The Agricultural Employment Terms Form (Optional Wage and Hour Division Form WH-516) provides spaces for the employer to fill in the following mandatory-to-communicate information:
- Place of employment
- Period of employment
- Rate of pay
- Crops and kinds of activities
- Transportation and other benefits available to the worker, if any
- Workers’ compensation information
- Unemployment insurance information
- Housing available to the worker, if any
- Any strike, work stoppage, etc. at the place where the worker will be employed
- Any arrangement made with establishment owners for the payment of commission or other benefits for sales made to workers
Once filled in, individual sheets can be handed out to each worker.
Notice / Handout Requirement
The Agricultural Employment Terms Form can be used to fulfill mandatory-to-communicate requirements for agricultural employers. Under federal law, each farm labor contractor, agricultural employer, and agricultural association is required to provide workers with specified information on the terms and conditions of employment. This information must be presented in writing:
- to migrant and day-haul workers upon recruitment, and
- to seasonal workers upon request when an offer of employment is made.
Thereafter, any migrant or seasonal worker has the right to a written statement provided by the employer upon request. (29 CFR §§ 500.75-500.76)