Milpitas Minimum Wage Poster Details
- The Milpitas Minimum Wage Poster informs employees who work within the City of Milpitas, California of the current minimum wage rate.
- Employers who are subject to the Milpitas business license tax or who maintain a business facility in the City are required to pay at least the minimum wage rate.
- The minimum wage rate applies to employees who work at least two hours per week within the City of Milpitas.
- The minimum wage rate is scheduled for a series of fixed annual increases until July 1, 2020, when the minimum wage rate will thereafer be adjusted for inflation based on the Consumer Price Index.
- The City’s Minimum Wage Ordinance protects employees from retaliation for asserting their rights under the Ordinance. Employees’ rights are protected regardless of immigration status. Employees may file a civil suit or a complaint with the City for a violation of their rights. City contact information is provided. The poster describes what information the City may require from the employee. Services are free and confidential.
Posting & Recordkeeping Requirements
- Employers are required to post the City’s Minimum Wage notice in the top three languages spoken in the City. Our poster has been created in a multi-language format consisting of the top languages: English, Vietnamese and Chinese.
- Employers are required to keep payroll records for a period of four years.