Milpitas Minimum Wage Poster Details
- The Milpitas Minimum Wage Poster informs employees who work within the City of Milpitas, California of the current minimum wage rate.
- Employers who are subject to the Milpitas business license tax or who maintain a business facility in the City are required to pay at least the minimum wage rate.
- The minimum wage rate applies to employees who work at least two hours per week within the City of Milpitas.
- The minimum wage rate is adjusted for inflation annually based on the Consumer Price Index.
- The City’s Minimum Wage Ordinance protects employees from retaliation for asserting their rights under the Ordinance. Employees’ rights are protected regardless of immigration status.
- Employees may file a civil suit or a complaint with the City for a violation of their rights. The poster describes what information the City may require from the employee. Services are free and confidential.
- Contact information is provided for questions and additional information.
Posting & Recordkeeping Requirements
- Each year, employers are required to post the current Milpitas Minimum Wage Official Notice and the Milpitas Workers: Know Your Rights postings in the workplace. The City makes these postings available in English, Vietnamese, Chinese, Spanish, Tagalog and Korean.
- Employers are required to keep payroll records for a period of four years.