Mountain View Minimum Wage Pay and Posting Requirements
- The Mountain View Minimum Wage Ordinance applies to any employee who performs at least two (2) hours of work in a calendar week within the geographic boundaries of the City. Covered employees must be paid at least the current minimum wage for each hour worked within the City.
- All employers licensed to do business in the City of Mountain View, California, or that have a place of business within City limits must post the official Minimum Wage Notice. The Mountain View 4-Language Minimum Wage Poster describes the minimum wage rate and employee rights under the City’s Minimum Wage Ordinance in English, Spanish, Mandarin, and Russian.
- The City’s minimum wage rate is adjusted for inflation each January 1, based on the Consumer Price Index.
It is unlawful to fail to pay at least the minimum wage rate for work performed within the City, and to discriminate or take adverse action against any person in retaliation for exercising their rights protected under the law.
Notice & Recordkeeping
- The law requires employers to post the current Minimum Wage Notice in any language spoken by at least five percent (5%) of the employees at the workplace or job site.
- Employers must document all hours worked by employees and keep payroll records for four (4) years.