- Beginning July 1, 2020, the minimum wage rate for all employers is increased based on the prior year’s increase in the Consumer Price Index (CPI). The Emeryville Minimum Wage Poster reflects the current minimum wage rate.
- The Emeryville Minimum Wage Poster also describes Paid Sick Leave eligibility and annual accrual rates. Paid Sick Leave applies to full-time, part-time and temporary employees. Employees accrue one (1) hour Paid Sick Leave for every 30 hours worked, up to:
- 48 Paid Sick Leave hours for employees of small businesses
- 72 Paid Sick Leave hours for employees of large businesses
- Paid Sick Leave may be used for the employee’s own health care or to care for a family member with a health condition
- Employees who assert their rights to receive the City’s Minimum Wage and Paid Sick Leave benefits are protected from retaliation. Employees may file a civil lawsuit against their employers for any violation of the law and may seek remedies in the form of back pay, reinstatement and/or injunctive relief.
- Employees may also file a complaint with the City. The poster provides city contact information.
- The fine for failure to post is $500.
Notice & Recordkeeping
- Emeryville employers must post the official Emeryville Minimum Wage Poster in all languages spoken by 10% or more of employees in the workplace.
- Employers must also provide each new hire with written notification of his or her rights under the law.
- Employers must maintain payroll, paid sick leave accrual, and service charge collection and distribution records for at least three (3) years.
- An employer must provide an employee with a copy of the employee’s payroll, sick leave and service charge records upon the employee’s reasonable request.