This item is currently on hold pending a required posting update. Please contact us if you require the current item for an inspection or other immediate need. Updated products will ship as soon as new material is released and the changes have been processed.
What is the City of Foster City Minimum Wage Ordinance?
Effective July 1, 2022, the City of Foster City, California, Minimum Wage Ordinance (Foster City Muni. Code chapter 5.73) establishes the minimum wage rate that employers operating in Foster City must pay to their employees who perform work within the geographic boundaries of the city.
Under the Ordinance, the initial minimum wage rate takes effect on July 1, 2022. The next scheduled minimum wage rate increase will take place on January 1, 2023. The minimum wage rate will increase each January 1 thereafter based on the percentage increase in the regional Consumer Price Index (CPI).
Who is Covered by the Foster City Minimum Wage Ordinance?
- Employers: The requirement to pay employees no less than the effective minimum wage applies to employers who are subject to the City of Foster City Business License Tax or who maintain a facility in the City of Foster City.
- Employees: Employees who must be paid at least the minimum wage rate include all adult and minor employees who work 2 or more hours per week (tips not included). Covered employees are entitled to these rights regardless of immigration status.
What are the Ordinance’s Notice and Posting Requirements?
The Foster City Minimum Wage Ordinance requires covered employers to:
- post the Foster City Minimum Wage Poster prominently in areas of the workplace where it will be seen by all employees
- provide to each current employee, and each new employee at the time of hire, written notice of their rights under the Ordinance, and
- provide each new employee at the time of hire, with the employer’s name, address, and telephone number in writing.
What does the Foster City Minimum Wage Poster Cover?
The Foster City Minimum Wage Poster informs employees of:
- the current minimum wage rate and their rights under the city’s Minimum Wage Ordinance
- employers who are covered by the Ordinance and employees who are entitled to be paid at least the minimum wage rate
- employees’ protection from retaliation for asserting their rights under the Ordinance
- employees’ right to file a complaint or civil action and the remedies that are available for violations
- contact information for the City of Foster City ‘s minimum wage enforcement office that employees can use to ask questions, obtain more information, or file a complaint