Influenza (flu) and other serious respiratory illnesses, like respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), whooping cough, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), and Coronavirus (COVID-19) are spread by cough, sneezing, or unclean hands.
To help stop the spread of germs:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or mask when you cough or sneeze.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Practice other good health habits. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work or school, especially when someone is ill. Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious food.
The CDC provides free employee notifications of COVID-19 protocols. It should be noted, unlike our CPC posters, these are not laminated and include very limited graphics