Las Cruces, NM Minimum Wage
The Las Cruces, NM Minimum Wage Ordinance provides for a scheduled increase in the minimum wage rate effective Jan. 1, 2019. Increases in the minimum wage based on the Consumer Price Index will commence on Jan.1, 2020, and will be evaluated and assessed annually thereafter. Meanwhile, Las Cruces, NM employers are required to post the official notice of the effective minimum wage rate.
The Las Cruces Minimum Wage Poster describes the wage rates for employees and tipped employees, qualifying employee exemptions, the posting requirement, and information on enforcement including penalties and employee remedies, and the URL address to download the full version of the Las Cruces, NM Minimum Wage Ordinance.
Notice & Recordkeeping
The Ordinance requires:
- Every covered employer must post a notice published each year by the City or its designee informing employees of the current minimum wage rate and their rights under the Minimum Wage Ordinance.
- The notice must be posted in a conspicuous place at any workplace or job site where any employee works.
- The notice must be posted in English and Spanish.
- Employers are required to maintain payroll records for not less than three (3) years.
This poster is available in one bilingual English/Spanish format.
- Violation of this Ordinance by way of paying an employee below the minimum wage shall be considered a public nuisance for which employees are entitled to bring a civil action for the recovery of unpaid wages and any interest thereon, reasonable attorney’s fees, and costs.