This item has been placed on hold pending a legislative change or posting update. Should you need this item for an inspection or other immediate need, please call CPC at (888) 463-5616 to have the order shipped immediately. Otherwise, orders will ship as soon as the changes are available.
Who must post the San Leandro CA Living Wage Poster?
- City of San Leandro agencies and departments
- For-profit service contractors which employ six or more employees and receive contract(s) from the City of $25,000.00 or more
- Nonprofit service contractors which employ six (6) or more employees and receive contracts from the City of $100,000.00 or more
- Lessees of public property, licensees, concessionaires and franchises which employ six (6) or more employees and have $350,000.00) or more in annual gross receipts.
- City financial aid recipients which employ six (6) or more employees and receive more than $100,000.00 in grants, loans or other cash and/or non-cash assistance
- Subcontractors and sub lessees of any of the listed entities
What does the Living Wage Poster cover?
- Living Wage Rate:
- The Living Wage Poster identifies the annual minimum wage rates, one for employees who are covered by health benefits and the other for employees not covered by health benefits
- Exempt Employees:
- Workers participating in a City approved temporary job training program, an internship for academic credit and workers under 18 years of age are exempt.
- A covered employer may request a waiver of all or part of the Living Wage Ordinance
- Retaliation & Discrimination:
- It is unlawful to retaliate or discriminate against any person for inquiring into or claiming a violation of the City ordinance.
- Enforcement and Rights of Action:
- The law allows for private lawsuits to be filed against the employer. Penalties include, but are not limited to, back pay, reinstatement and reasonable attorney’s fees. In addition, the City may terminate a service contract, financial assistance, or lease or facility agreement and pursue any other legal remedies for violations of the City ordinance.