Workplace bullying is fast becoming an issue in workplaces across the US. Since 2003, 24 states have introduced legislation addressing this hot topic, but none of the bills have been enacted into law.
So what exactly is workplace bullying?
According to Healthy Workplace Bill.org, workplace bullying is repeated, health-harming mistreatment of one or more persons (the targets) by one or more perpetrators that takes one of the following forms:
- Verbal abuse
- Offensive conduct/behaviors (including nonverbal) which are threatening, humiliating or intimidating
- Work interference –sabotage – which prevents work from getting done.
Workplace bullying is estimated to affect 37% of adult Americans. It has a negative impact on both individuals and organizations.
Although not currently mandatory, posting a poster in the workplace is an effective tool to help bring awareness to this growing concern.
Compliance Poster Company’s Bullying in the Workplace poster addresses this extremely destructive occurrence which is costly to employers and carries potentially serious health consequences for employees who are the targets of this negative behavior. The poster describes and gives examples of:
- Bullying behavior and tactics
- Effects of workplace bullying on employees
- Effects of workplace bullying for employers
- What to do about workplace bullying
Educating employers, managers, supervisors and employees is an important step toward prevention. Give Compliance Poster Company a call today at 1-800-817-7678 to place your order! Don’t forget Freedom from Workplace Bullies Week is October 20-26, 2013.