1. Stay open to change! CPC has succeeded for 30 years because of our ability to adapt to a changing world and the evolving needs of our business partners.
2. The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. We began by creating labor law posters for our local community, and now we serve all 50 states, U.S. Territories including Guam and the Virgin Islands, and Canada!
3. With the fast pace of legislation, today our business partners need information as much as they need posters. We’ve responded by making our website an information resource for employers, with a daily labor law news blog and a growing knowledge base.
4. No technology or process can replace trust earned over time. Our most valuable resource is the relationships we’ve formed with our business partners.
5. No matter how prestigious your role, there’s no such thing as a job that’s “below” you. A real leader serves as an example by doing whatever needs to be done.
6. Do it right the first time. It takes more time to fix a mistake than it does to implement the checks and double-checks that ensure your success.
7. Every one of your colleagues can teach you something valuable, whether that means sharing their expertise, providing an outside perspective, or serving as an example for the interpersonal skills that help a team run smoothly.
8. Above all else, focus on love. The best thing you will ever produce is your love for the work you do and the people you work with.