The Federal Powered Industrial Trucks Standard (29 CFR 1910.178) requires employers to ensure that each powered industrial truck operator is competent to operate a powered industrial truck safely, that trucks are operated in a safe manner under specific conditions, and that trucks are properly maintained.
The Bilingual Forklift Poster can be incorporated into an employer’s training program and used as ongoing reinforcement of forklift safety practices. The poster describes:
- Operator training requirements
- Standards and safety practices applicable to truck operations
- Standards and safety practices related to traveling
- Standards and safety practices related to loading
- Truck maintenance standards
Providing employees visual reinforcement of safety standards in the vicinity of the equipment is one of the best ways to protect workers from hazards in the workplace.