Who should post the COVID-19 Social Distancing Window Cling?
The COVID-19 Social Distancing Window Cling can be used by all employers and businesses with glass entrances, storefronts, or other smooth surfaces at facility entrance points. The Social Distancing Window Cling clearly communicates prior to entering the facility that employees, customers, and visitors should maintain a safe distance from each other to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) while on the premises.
Why display the Social Distancing Window Cling?
Executive and public health orders for the community may require social distancing to be practiced by all persons at the facility. Even where not required by law or order, reminding employees and visitors to avoid close contact with others is a prudent policy for all business establishments and places of public accommodation.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) advises social distancing to slow the spread of the virus. The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes or talks.
- These droplets can reach the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
- COVID-19 may be spread by people who are not showing symptoms.
Social Distancing signage also indicates that the business is adhering to all recommended practices to prevent the spread of COVID-19 including:
- Staying home as much as possible
- Practicing social distancing (remaining at least 6 feet away from others)
- Frequent hand washing
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces
- Wearing face masks
Also share the face mask message
The Social Distancing Window Cling is most effective when used in conjunction with the COVID-19 Please Wear a Face Mask Window Cling. The Please Wear a Face Mask Window Cling informs people that face masks should be worn by employees, customers, and visitors while on the premises. Wearing a face mask is particularly important in places where social distancing is difficult to maintain.