New Jersey 2022 Poster Update
Revised Minimum Wage, New Jersey Family Leave Act &
Earned Sick Leave Postings
New Jersey Minimum Wage – Updated with a:
- New header and logo;
- Long-term care facility employees minimum wage rates;
- Corrected 2021 and 2022 agricultural minimum wage rates;
- New list of exempt employees; and
- New statement clarifying that 2023 minimum wage rates are only estimates.
New Jersey Family Leave Act – Posting was redesigned and revised to clarify the reasons to take leave. Eligible employees may take family leave to care for a family member who was exposed to COVID-19. Eligible employees may also take the leave to care for a child during a state emergency if the school or place of care is closed due to an epidemic, such as COVID-19.
New Jersey Earned Sick Leave – Reflects an updated New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development web address for more information on the state’s sick leave.
Who must post?
- Every employer subject to the New Jersey Wage and Hour Law must post the Minimum Wage posting in a conspicuous and accessible place in or about the premises. (N.J.S.A. 34:11-56a21)
- Employers covered by the Law Against Discrimination are required to display the New Jersey Family Leave Act in places easily visible to all employees and applicants. (N.J.A.C. 13:8-1.2)
- All employers are required to conspicuously post the Earned Sick Leave posting in the workplace. (N.J.S.A. 34D-7)