This item has been placed on hold pending a legislative change or posting update. Should you need this item for an inspection or other immediate need, please call CPC at (888) 463-5616 to have the order shipped immediately. Otherwise, orders will ship as soon as the changes are available.
- The City of Los Angeles, California, Minimum Wage Ordinance (LAMC, Ch. XVIII, Art. 7) requires all employers to pay covered employees who work within City limits the effective minimum wage rate. The minimum wage rate is scheduled to increase incrementally each July 1 until July 1, 2022, and each year thereafter, when the minimum wage rate will be adjusted based on the Consumer Price Index. The current Los Angeles, CA Minimum Wage & Paid Sick Leave Poster reflects the effective minimum wage rate.
- The Minimum Wage Ordinance also requires employers to provide their employees who work within City limits with paid sick leave benefits. Employers may either front load 48 hours at the beginning of each year or permit employees to accrue one hour of paid sick leave for every 30 hours worked. The use of paid sick leave may be limited to 48 hours leave annually. An employer whose policy already provides 48 hours paid sick leave is not required to provide additional sick leave benefits.
- The Minimum Wage and Paid Sick Leave Ordinances apply to all employers with full or part-time employees who perform at least two hours’ work per week within the geographic boundaries of the City of Los Angeles, regardless of where an employer’s place of business is located.
- It is unlawful for an employer to retaliate against an employee for asserting his or her rights under the Ordinance.
- The City enforces the Minimum Wage Ordinance for violations including: 1) failure to pay the Los Angeles minimum wage; 2) failure to comply with notice, posting, and payroll records requirements; and 3) retaliation.
- Employees whose rights have been violated may bring a civil action against their employers.
Notice & Recordkeeping
- All employers with covered employees must post the City’s Minimum Wage & Paid Sick Leave Poster in English and the language(s) spoken by at least 5% of the workforce. The City’s official notice is available in English, Spanish, Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin), Hindi, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Korean, Japanese, Thai, Armenian, Russian and Farsi.
- The fine for failure to post the Los Angeles Minimum Wage & Paid Sick Leave Poster is $500.00.
- Employers must also inform Employees of their possible right to the federal Earned Income Credit (EIC).
- Employers are required to retain payroll records for a period of four (4) years